Sickle Cell Warrior #5

10003 Sickle Cell Warrior #5

Hi

My name is Caroline Omino. I'm a 28yr old Facilitator/Rapporteur at KEWOPA 


“I am the only warrior in a family of five. My siblings and my parents have always been supportive and understanding. It is very important to have a support system that understands what Sickle Cell is all about.  That way in a crisis and any other time they can help you. As a warrior it is important to understand your own body and type of strain you have. Management is key to being healthy. I eat healthy, exercise and drink lots of fluids but most importantly, I carry on and live like a normal person.” Through my passion in community service, I hope to continue creating awareness around Sickle Cell Disease by encouraging others to speak out and share their experiences and lessons with regards to living with the disease.

Join me on FACEBOOK as we continue the conversation around Sickle Cell Disease, and share stories that will initiate change for those who come after us.

Love Life!
Caro 

No comments:

Post a Comment