Sickle Cell Warrior #1


10003 Sickle Cell Warrior #1

Hey there? My name is Cecilia June. I am 18 years old and my ethnic background is Dholuo. Why I mention where I am from is because as other Warriors continue to share their stories, you will find a similarity of ethic backgrounds. Sickle cell does not have any tribal link but instead, it affects people mainly from malaria endemic regions. I love to sing and it brings me a lot of joy and peace. 

Sickle cell is real, yes, and I found myself in that situation. I figured it is God's plan, you never know with some things *laughs*. I have accepted myself the way I am because no matter what, I am beautifully and wonderfully made by the Creator. I am not complaining though, and what keeps me going is God and the support of my family.

If you know you have sickle cell, do not think that that is the end of you! Not at all. Instead, be yourself, speak what you think is right, have fun and enjoy life because you are a Warrior. Some situations in life happen so as to give us a different view point of the world. Without our differences, we would all be the same. I figure that is boring. Though sometimes life may seem hard, just keep going and trust in God and thank Him because He is the life giver.

Despite my challenges of medical care, school and health insurance,I am currently studying and fully intend on sitting for my Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) at Korogocho Glory Secondary School. My dream is to become a doctor in order to help in championing the cause of Sickle Cell Disease. 

No matter where you are, whether 'rich' or 'poor' your dreams are valued and valid: go out and reach for them. I know mine are and as such, I am reaching out for them. 

My school address is Korogocho Glory Secondary School, P.O. B ox 4243-00200 Nairobi. A success card would be cool :)

Love Life!
Cecilia 


No comments:

Post a Comment